Welcome to the International Studies Program, where we aim to equip our students with a comprehensive set of marketable skills that will help them prepare for success in today's dynamic job market and meet current industry demands.
Our program is carefully designed to align with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) marketable skills initiative. 60 x 30 TX plan was launched in 2015 with a clear and bold vision: to be among the highest-achieving states in the country. 60 x 30 TX is a roadmap to help Texas reach that future through higher education.
Throughout your academic journey with us, you will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of marketable skills that will prepare you for an ever-evolving global employment landscape. Our dedicated faculty members, who are experts in their respective fields, strive to mentor students in developing the following marketable skills:
B.A. in International Studies
- Multicultural navigator: culturally sensitive and proficient at bridging gaps between diverse perspectives, fostering collaboration and inclusion.
- Geopolitical savvy: well-versed about emerging global trends, international relations, developments across different regions, and socio-economic issues.
- Artful communicator: adept at communicating and facilitating constructive dialogue with different individuals and groups.
- Articulate wordsmith: skilled at researching, analyzing, and organizing information and writing impactful content.
- Strategic diplomat and negotiator: competent at navigating negotiations by utilizing diplomatic communication skills.
M.A. in International Studies
- Meticulous evaluator: competent in objectively assessing complex global affairs and trends and formulating strategic recommendations that generate impactful changes.
- Global security intellect: insightful understanding of the multi-dimensional challenges, evolving trends, and dynamic of international security.
- Humanitarian affairs scholar: empathetically aware of the humanitarian issues affecting vulnerable individuals and groups globally.
- Visionary leader: competent in steering meaningful and sustainable change in society.
- Crisis manager: adept at analyzing global conflicts and charting effective conflict resolutions.
We are committed to your success and dedicated in supporting you to achieve your career aspirations!